Thursday, November 14, 2013

Summary

I really enjoyed the experiences that I had in Intro to Technology. Having the freedom that we did to design and build our projects was nice, and it was a great way for us to see what we could come up with on our own. I had never taken a wood shop class before this one, but I found that it was doable and fun to get into.

I learned that the types of devices that we designed in this class were very dependent on laws of physics and such. Making a successful device was done by building it in a way that it would move how we wanted it to. Me and my partner's mousetrap car was one of the farthest-moving cars in the class, and I believe that is because we kept its design simple and efficient, and we payed close attention to detail, including the way that we wrapped the string around the back axle. Wrapping the string in a certain way was what helped make our mousetrap car move so well, so I learned that the little things are some of the most important things when designing, building, and testing.

Seeing other people's technology class projects in the past was impressive, because I couldn't imagine having to cut out many pieces and put them together to make actual structures. Taking this class showed me that building anything is possible, and it just takes good planning and an eye for detail! Now, in the future, I will look at the concepts of engineering and construction differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment